Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, January 05, 2009

Doing Time

Didn't have all the time I wanted today, so I limited my run to 60 minutes on the treadmill over a late lunch.

First part of the run I listened to a short story reading from the podcast of Selected Shorts. Interesting story about suffering and the effects of the lack thereof on the ability to live life. A theme that got me thinking as I ran in place on this hamster wheel pushing the pace ever faster in a futile attempt to make time go faster as well. When the story was over I put the iPod on shuffle and just listened to songs that involved suffering. I felt trapped by time, consigned to wait as the seconds ticked. And wondering if this is what I have to do to feel alive...

But the run ended, it always does. I got in 8.5 in just under 60 minutes. Not all all out workout but probably a bit harder than the easy Monday it was meant to be. One nice thing about a treadmill workout is that you don't have to map it.

Oh yeah, I also did 10.5 (in an easy 92:44) on an extended Sycamore loop yesterday. That gave me 76 miles for last week.

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

76! that's a pretty solid week, nice.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home