Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Rewards of Running

Made it down to the Wurst House 15 minutes late but Erin, Deirdre and Jody were still waiting. We went out to Parkside Ave and back on 52nd St, an original variation in our northwest loop repertoire. Deirdre regaled us with stories of her running the marathon leg of a team ironman tri in Nevada over the weekend, and the conversation meandered from there.

When we got back to West Philly, I wanted a few more miles, so I headed west to Cobbs Creek. The highlight of this part of the run was two fivers lying on the road out in front of Mercy Hospital. In one swoop I forsook my amateur status and grabbed them. I was immediately tempted to use one of them for carfare home, as with about a mile left my legs were shot from yesterday's run. I just pushed it a little too far this morning. But I kept running and now can get my morning coffee and something paid for by the running gods.

9+ miles in 77:30, keeping my morning's pay a little above the minimum wage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vince A. said...

You doubled up on my highest single run take of $5, payed out the shoe wear and breakfast, well done.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I found a fake C-note in that same neighborhood once. Almost let go of the stroller!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home