Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Good Morning

Defeat is not falling down; defeat is not getting back up.

I saw that on a guy's t-shirt just as I was cresting the Bloody Nipple hill. Wonder if it was meant for me.

Yes, the old BN. I ran my first BN loop of the training cycle. This is the perfect tempo course. You got 3.5 miles warmup; 4 miles flat, measured bike path to hammer; about 3 miles of hills and whatnot to sustain effort; and then about another 3 miles to cool down. Over the course of a training cycle my performance on this loop becomes a yardstick for the progress I'm making.

The post I wanted to write today was already written on January 24th. Same modest goals of sub 7 pace for the MLK part and sub 20 minutes for the BN part. And like I did on that cold winter morning, I pretty much shattered these goals in today's late morning sun, at 26:19 and 18:18(9:45) running them faster and with substantially less than 100% effort. The key for the rest of the summer is to get those times down.

This is shaping up to be a good week. 13.5 miles in 1:44:56.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home