Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Morning After

If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will...

The problem with a hard evening workout is that you don't think about the fact that the morning workout is then 12 hours away. I've had it in the winter when you finish your workout in the dark and then get up to run again the next morning when its still dark.

I finished yesterday evening in the light, and it was light again when I trudged over to Erin's at 6 am. Met up with her and Jody and did another variation of what I'm now calling the pasta loop. And, to answer a particular reader, that would be cooked pasta. Running that little half-mile to Erin's when my head is groggy and my legs are sore is now second nature. But the soreness in the legs never really left, and by the end of the loop they started to feel like they did last Saturday. I had wanted to tack on some miles after we finished the loop, but thought the better of it. That was wise, but now I feel like I'm behind in my goal for another 70 mile week. This, my friends, is the tyranny of long-distance running.

Almost 8 in 66:38.

1 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

Screw the few miles you missed this morning. That workout last night was well worth it. It not only showed you what kind of shape your in but I am guessing reinvigorated your running a bit. Nice work.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home