Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Zen and the Hamster Wheel

Transitioning into a gym rat. Left for the gym this morning with my work stuff in a bag so I could work out, shower, etc. and then go right to work. It's an awkward feeling, as I don't have much of a routine for this and I have no gym bag, so I take my stuff in plastic grocery bags. I also wanted to be in the office by 8:30, got in at 9:15.

But the run went well. Got on the hamster wheel with Interpol on the iPod again and was able to focus for much of the time on my breathing and on my form. Just lost myself in the endless steps going nowhere and blew out itinerant thoughts that banged around my head every time I exhaled. I had some good thoughts, some good ideas, but didn't want them this morning so I put them on the curb like so much trash. As a result, I hardly looked at the mileage counter for the first 3.5 miles, and they went quickly.

4 miles in 31:35.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home