Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, November 19, 2007

Turn On the Bright Lights

Figured the dark, wet, leaf-slicked streets were a bit much for my impaired proprioceptive faculties this morning, so I scurried to the safety of the hamster wheel.

I learned that, as I suspected, I cannot handle podcasts while running. I can't get into any kind of rhythm with voices jabbering in my head. So I went back to music. I listened for a while to M. Ward, which is good music but only so-so running music. Made note to self to take it off my iPod. Then I put on the Interpol album (see title) which I've been running to lately and was again bowled over by how good it is to run to.

Otherwise, 5 miles on the hamster wheel in 37:33. The tendons around the inside of my right ankle didn't seem happy. Couldn't tell for sure if it was an ankle thing or a tendon thing, but am leaning in the latter's direction. Gotta be careful here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey... can you burn me a copy of that CD? Pretty please.

12:27 PM  
Blogger jim said...

Seebo - make the leap to their second album too, Antics. Takes a little longer to get into, but it's a grower.

4:17 PM  
Blogger MB said...

What do you think of Bart Yasso's review of the Philly Marathon on Runner's World videos?

Looks like your running is starting to come back, I feel for you.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home