Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Trash Day

I ran the half mile down to the ARC today, did 3 on the hamster wheel, and returned home. This way I could change, shower, etc at home and not lose any time doing so. Worked out well.

Didn't bring the iPod today. Instead I concentrated on my breathing. Breath in for every two steps, then exhale for two steps. Tried the same for three steps (waltz tempo), four steps and six steps (felt I was pushing the VO2 max at that point). Focusing on that really keeps my attention on what my body and legs are doing. And, more importantly, makes the time go surprisingly fast. It's made possible by my making peace with a slower pace (max out at 7:30), so my breathing doesn't get too winded and I'm not in such a hurry to get the workout done.

Took one slight misstep this morning. Recovered quickly but my ankle felt a little wrenched and I scared myself a bit. Gradually worked through the fear, and this reinforced my decision to work on the hamster wheel.

And with each exhale I just concentrate on breathing out all the garbage that floats around in my head. A good day for that, I realized when I got home, as (with Monday's holiday) today is trash day.

4 miles, untimed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home