Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hill Medley

Apollo has returned from his weeklong bender. We're too happy to see him back to ask where the party was.

Just me and SK today. All the people who wanted to run long decided to go tomorrow. SK was looking to do 10 at about a 6:50 pace, that sounded fine to me. We met up at the Art Museum and negotiated a course that looked like this. I've run a variation of it before, its a tough little course that incorporates most of the major hills in the area.

Problem was that neither of us had much perspective on what a 6:50 pace was. So we chugged up the marathon course part and that 2 miles clocked in at 12:40 - a tad fast. We slowed it down some and the next timed part, the last of MLK and then into the hills, came in at exactly 13:40. We then freewheeled it across the SMB bridge and through the eastern side of Fairmount Park until we decided this was much more than 10 miles and we went into cooldown mode.

Total time was 91:03 and the total mileage on sueandpaul said 13.1 miles (6:57 overall pace). A half-marathon. It was a perfect Saturday workout in that it was challenging and fast, but not to the point where I felt it was too hard or beyond my control. Put those two things together and I get the feeling that I'm on top of my stuff. Illusion? I don't know but I'll enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home