Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lunch with an Old Nemesis

Woke up at 5 to the sound of pouring rain and promptly rolled over and fell back asleep.

So I rescheduled a lunch I had planned with a buddy of mine to meet up with an old nemesis: the track.

The object of today's track session was to set up a target workout that scared me. I promptly obliged myself by coming up with 4-5 x 1600m in under 5:30 with a 400m recovery.

The real scare, however, was in how easy it was to nail these reps: 5:28; 5:26; 5:28; 5:29 & 5:28. These reps were works of art - nice steady pace without either starting out too fast or having to bust my rear over the last lap to make up for a laggard pace. And I probably could have nailed another one. Poetry in motion.

So in this somewhat bipolar training cycle, I'm back on an up. We'll see if this lasts past Thursday, when I'm planning to run the same 12 mile loop that soundly thrashed me last Tuesday and the Thursday before that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home