Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Better Time on the Killing Floor

The loop did not thrash me this morning. I stand tall and that, in itself, is a victory.

I describe the loop in last Tuesday's and the Thursday before that's posts. This time around I didn't quite nail the marathon course part, but in 12:03 I got pretty damn close. The second timed part I hit in 11:59, right where I wanted it. But more importantly, things seemed more controlled this morning, like 6:00 pace was more in the middle of my range rather than where I felt I was racing it. The hill and the remainder of the course came much easier as well. I could let myself go and fly down the long downhill on top of Belmont Plateau, where last week just jogging down it was painful. I could speed up to make the yellow lights on 44th Street instead of slowing as I watched them turn red. All in all 12 miles in 92:39. Despite some early delays, this is 5 minutes faster than last week.

Got an email from the race director at Philly Marathon. My application for elite entry was approved, which really means nothing save three things: 1) I get the $60 race fee comped; 2) I get access to the elite amenities pre and post race; and 3) I get a two digit race number (#54) and thus become a target for everyone around me. Oh yeah, and then there is the concomitant ego boost, but we'll let C complain about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home