Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reasons not to Run

So I got to nine days straight running yesterday. I met up with Deirdre yesterday morning early and we ran out to the Ben Franklin Bridge and back around. The run down entailed going through sleepy South Philly neighborhoods, and once we got to Center City I got this feeling of being in control of my geography by just being able to run past different places and landmarks and navigating around them by foot. Hard to explain, but definitely liberating. 14 in 1:50:26.

I ran early yesterday so that Reba and I could pack up and go up to NYC for a wedding. The bride has run NYC Marathon a couple of times, which was one of the reasons the couple chose the reception hall, Gustavino's, which is located under the Queensboro Bridge and built into the arches of the bridge. The place itself is very elegant (with no hint of the cars driving the bridge overhead) and right at that signature moment of the marathon when you run off of the bridge and onto First Avenue.

With that inspiration, you'd think a run this morning would be a no-brainer. It wasn't. I decided to take a day off and sleep in, with the partying and the running of late, it seemed a no-brainer. But it was a beautiful morning and our hotel room was two blocks away from Columbus Circle, and I longed for my running shoes. Reba and I did get out and walk through Central Park a bit, which was as vibrant as ever.

New streak starts tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home