Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Putting in Miles

After coming home from trips in the past, I've warned against the letdown that occurs. You put in the effort to run while traveling but then it falls apart when you return home. Well, my running was, shall we say, relaxed on the West Coast last week, but I've been getting out these last few mornings.

This morning I forsook a hard workout and did an easy eight up and around Sweetbriar. I enjoyed it. Skies were still grey from last nights downpour and it contrasted with the prominent greens along Boathouse Row. I felt like I was in an oil painting.

I'm back to just putting in miles. 8 in about 67 this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

I just want to throw in my two cents about your achilles.

I think the increased mileage coupled with the higher intensity workouts is the root of your achilles woes. I know this isn't a news flash for you but it seems to have happened a few times now. Stick with all easy runs and higher mileage for a few weeks and then slowly add the intensity, maybe your achilles will hold up a little better.

We can start this weekend with an easy 10-15?

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home