Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blues for Achilles

For some reason the world seemed a sad place this morning. I wasn't so much feeling sad as I felt more in touch with the sadness all around. Maybe there is no difference in this distinction. Headed out into the overcast with Patty Griffin on the iPod singing her portraits of lonely lives.

Steeled myself for ten miles, up the Acme loop. When I hit Penn campus I finally got mentally focused on doing this run. Just about then I became aware of increasing soreness in my achilles tendons. The decision to turn back up Market Street and head home was almost immediate.

I suppose it was easier to make this decision because I had myself set on running 10 before I cut it short. It was also clear that doing so this morning was pointless. Run easy today, maybe a little longer tomorrow, and see how things go. On those times I get achilles pain, it usually comes after a track or a hill workout.

I did get in 3.5, untimed.

2 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

Patty Griffin is a favorite of mine. The songs are great stories but often somewhat blue.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Well, I stopped following the blog for a few weeks, so I missed the big news. Congrats to you and Reba!

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home