Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, March 09, 2009

Funereal Sunrise

Back to routine, both with my running and my blog. But I half expect something to come along soon and disrupt it.

Whatever it is, it won't be the time change. I met Erin at 6:15 and it was again dark. It's hard having to give back that hard-won daylight. But it will come back. What we couldn't figure out was why we have this spring forward/fall backward ritual anymore.

We made the best of it, trying to time the run so that we hit the high ground at Mount Moriah at sunrise. We made it but the sunrise didn't really reward us with anything extraordinary.

My legs were deader than they should have been after yesterday's run. Get it? "Deader" while running out to the cemetery. Well... never mind.

I'm spending way too much time in cemeteries lately. 62 minutes worth of running, call it 6.5 miles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hi Seebo-

I'm Tom Janofsky's wife. I run too and follow your blog off and on. I'm also PhD. in American history and share your fscination with old cemetaries. I don't know if you've ever seen it but Ken Jackson has a great book on the history of American cemetaries called "Silent Cities: The Evolution of the American Cemetary." I think it's out of print but you can certainly ILL it at school. Enjoy if you pick it up! Ken Jackson is a great writer.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home