Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blinked

Almost as cold today as it was yesterday. I couldn't get myself out the door. Something about the cold got me to freeze up (sic). Had a tempo run on tap for today, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Ended up sitting in the living room staring at the door for about five minutes after I laced up my shoes, not being able to push my way out the door. Just something mental.

Finally bargained with myself that I would have to do some miles today, and this morning was the only time I could fit them in. A tempo run wasn't going to happen, so I settled on a 6.5 mile Art Museum loop and shuffling the rest of the week's schedule around to get in my hard workouts.

I ended up doing a Sweetbriar Loop for 8 miles. Of course it wasn't as cold out as my mind pictured it. But between the extra clothing and my mental malaise it would have been extremely tough to get up to tempo this morning. Maybe somewhere out there my competition was working harder than me this morning. If so, I congratulate them; I just couldn't do it.

Still, the morning is far from a total loss. 8 miles in 71:34.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home