Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Making the Rounds

Greetings from New York, where Reba and I are visiting my mom for the weekend.

Reba and I went out to Rockland Lake to run this morning. The circumference of the lake is just over 3 miles. The good part of this is that you are never more than a mile and a half away from either the bathrooms or the car. The bad part of this is, well, you just run around and around. But I could get my mileage in and Reba could do likewise and the NY Times is in the car for whoever finishes first. Reba finished first, you can read her account here.

I ran 16. Round 5 times and a little bit. The more miles I put in today the less I have to put in tomorrow to get me to my weekly goal of 70 miles. Not the most exciting running in the world. However, if this kind of running strikes your fancy, there is a marathon in August that goes around this loop almost 9 times. I'll pass.

I don't want to sound negative about Rockland Lake. It will always have a special place in my heart, for this was the first course I ever ran, when I was 12, completing a 3 mile loop with my mom. However, 16 miles is long, doing it in laps doesn't make it go any quicker.

Left my watch in Philly, so didn't get a time on it. You'll have to take my word, I kept up a good pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home