Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, January 25, 2008

Coffee of the Cheetahs


Whenever I'm in the WaWa (if you're not from the Philly area, think 7-Eleven, only cooler), I make sure to get this coffee, complete with racing stripes.

Mellow run this morning. Plan was to do 6 and meet Erin and Iris at 6:30 and run a little more. Did the first part fine, running a slightly truncated Art Museum loop, but nobody told Iris about Part B, and she was sensible enough to resist going out into the mid-20s temps. So Erin and I talked a bit and I resolved to cool down a mile or two as I went home. I quickly came to my senses, wondering why I needed to cool down from an easy run, and just did the extra half mile and got in a bit early. 6.5 miles in about 54 minutes.

The buzz around Boston is starting to build. There are now four bloggers on whose sites I lurk who are signed up to run - Ian, Mark, Zeke, and Quinto Sol. In addition, my buddy Mike is planning to run, as is Bill, who is organizing a masters team to represent my homies. Anyone else out there?

Mark also suggests the only sensible goal for Boston this year: get ahead early on of the zoo that will be Lance Armstrong and keep in front of that.

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

I'll be seeing you in Hopkinton. For sure, as in tall Marathoners stand to stick out somewhat.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Vince A. said...

Wasn't planning to go back this year, but ran well all winter with a solid time at Houston and what else would I do with my time if I didn't keep training and my understanding spouse said OK and blah, blah, blah ....I'm all in.

9:46 PM  
Blogger ian said...

I'm signed up, yes, but my hopes of actually running it are dwindling. I'll be there, though, either running real damn slow or watching from the top of Heartbreak..

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home