Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunshine on the Water

This morning was the coldest sofar in this training cycle. Wunderground said it was 11 and very windy. This got my attention to the point of where I put tights on for the first time this cycle.

It turned out, however, to be quite an enjoyable run. The sun is now rising noticeably earlier, and I left a little later this morning. So instead of the cold darkness, it was the cold early morning, and that makes a big difference. Second, I was dressed comfortably, so the cold was whipping around but not really penetrating. Third, for once in my life I beat the wind. I ran a Tinicum Township - Tinicum Refuge loop, which initially gave me a tailwind as I headed east and away from a west wind. I quickly figured out that this was the reason my run felt so strong, and dreaded turning around. When I turned left onto 84th St. that dreaded wind was indeed there - strong enough to get me believing in the wind chill. That lasted until I turned into Tinicum and the refuge was, well, a refuge from the wind. The rising sun shone off Darby Lake and reflected heat to where I was warm and fuzzy enough to be on the verge of singing John Denver songs.

I timed todays run, but wasn't tyrannized by the watch. First 5 1/2 in 49 flat, which seems much slower than what I ran, and the back 5 in 40:47, which was about right. Total was ten and a half clicks in 89:48.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home