Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 07, 2007

Supersized Me

Still too icy to run this morning, had lunch plans this afternoon, so I had to get my run in this evening. So everyone else goes off to happy hour and I head to the hamster wheel. Everything was quiet and uneventful on the run, 1 mile out and back and 5 miles on the wheel in 34 flat.

Some self-absorbed body data that I can write here 'cause its my blog. First datum: I was teaching last night and at the mid-class break one of my students comes up to me and asks if I'm still wearing an ankle brace. I say no and she says its huge. I look and I guess there is still a good bit of swelling on it. But its very runnable.

Second datum. I weighed myself this morning. Last time I weighed myself was July 31. I weighed 179. Today I weigh 188. Not only that, but Karen, who's on the Health Sciences faculty, has some newfangled scale that told me that out of those 9 extra lbs., 6 of them were fat. But, paradoxically, my "fitness rating" (whatever that is), which was an 8 (out of 10) in July, is now a 9.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

Out of curiousity, when you were in peak shape last year, what did you weigh? How tall are you...

For someone weighing 188, your base runs certainly have an amazing amount of zip to them?

PS: Did you ever do a BodPod for BF composition?

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home