Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Gonna Be a Long Walk Home

Today was supposed to be an easy day. I felt sore (in a good way) from yesterday's jaunt.

But I got out of the house this morning and I was rarin' to tear it up. Like doing fives on the Drives kind of tear it up.

Maybe it was the Springsteen on my iPod.

Or the talk of Boston.

Or running up the BN.

Or too much staring at the picture of my holding off Bob Rimkis that has been my computer wallpaper for a few weeks.

Or the frustration of only running 75 miles last month.

Or, like a little poodle barking furiously at a Rottweiler from behind a fence, I wanted to tear it up because I knew, with time and weather constraints today, that I couldn't.

But whatever it was, I took it out on the treadmill. Ran down to USP and ran a hard 5 (in 33:44) and ran back. I didn't even know my ankle existed until about 2 miles in, and a little after that my left calf tried to distract me from it by cramping up. I kept running, getting it down to 6:30 pace before I forbid myself to take it down any faster. My head had two thoughts about Boston - how I had it in me to hammer that course and how it would feel like redemption.

I just felt intense today. Its good to have that feeling back. 6 miles total.

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

that's really cool you'll be running the Boston Marathon in 2008

8:01 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I just loaded that Springsteen album up recently too. I was surprised how much I liked Radio Nowhere as a a running song.

Drop me a note if you want some company for a weekend run now that you're doing a few outside.

Boston sounds like fun. Not for me this year. Apparently you have to run a marathon to qualify. :) Maybe next year.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home