Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, November 30, 2007

Four and a Half Will Get You Twenty

Ran 4.5 on the hamster wheel this morning (33:39). Added the last half mile on so that my mileage this week is now at 20. And I still have the weekend to go. Hell, I might even hit 30.

The best way to get faster is to just put in more miles. I’ve often given that advice to folks and I’m surprised at how many times people have come back to me and said how they remember it. That's my training goal for December. Nice easy miles, and lots of them.

Other than that, not much to report on the hamster wheel. Had a bit of emotional energy to burn off so I was relishing the run. I started out the run listening to Robert Plant & Allison Krauss' new CD, Raising Sand. I planned to shift to something more driving as I picked up steam, but never got around to it. The CD initially comes across as very mellow, with emotions in primary colors and backed with strains of country and blues, but its got a deceptively understated beat that I tuned into and it worked out very well. God, I sound like a wine critic here. Anyway, well worth checking out.

Between this and Interpol, I'm starting to build up a stable of CDs for this training cycle. That's a very positive development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home