Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

On a December Morning Looking to April

I drove Tony to school this morning. This will be a big change in the morning routine. This morning we had the rare treat of getting everything together early and having a few minutes to spare. So we went to the WaWa. I got a coffee and a muffin, he got a donut. Whenever I get coffee at WaWa its the Kenyan blend. Most folks reading this will understand why, Tony didn't. So I explained it to him this morning. Little rites of passage.

When I was running across the South Street bridge, the thought came to me that the road to Boston is cold, long and dark. Got out at 5:45 and it was still dark at 6:40 when I got back to my front porch. It was at this point that I got the corollary to the aforementioned thought - the road will get darker (it ain't even Winter yet), it will get colder (temps were in the low 30's), and it will get longer (I did an extended Art Museum loop that gave me 6.5 miles for the morning, I will want more miles on future mornings, meaning that I will have to get up even earlier).

I left those thoughts dangling. No need for answers today, they will come one way or the other. Took my fears out with me this morning again, and became aware of them at various places throughout the run. One of these moments was when my right foot landed on a stick, somewhat turning my right ankle - mildly enough so I could react and correct, but it still sent a twinge through my ankle that went all the way up to my heart. Hopefully each time I run a couple of those fears will get left behind. And, I can confidently say, my ankle is healed enough so that I can go out and train again. But the buildup will continue gradually.

AM loop to 48th St., 6.5 miles in 56:04.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I love how quickly that little Boston seed sprouted an oak tree. I'm looking forward to our reunion and I haven't even left town yet.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home