Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Little Colder, a Little Darker, and a Little Longer

Todays title follows up from a thought from yesterday.

I poked around a bit on Weather Underground and found out two things:

1) Todays temperature at 7 am was 27 degrees, compared to 32 degrees yesterday.

2) Today's sunrise came at 7:06; compared to 7:05 yesterday.

It definitely felt colder today (albeit not as windy). I was surprised that the difference in daylight in the morning was only one minute. But the days are still getting shorter, and I don't like that from a psychological vantage point. I also learned that while the actual sunrise was at 7:06, the "civil twilight" was a half hour earlier, at 6:36. This seems to be the official name for the false dawn, when it starts to get light out. This also corresponded with when I noticed it just start to get light out.

So I learned something today.

That takes care of the darker and colder. I woke up 15 minutes earlier this morning, but got out of the house 4 minutes later than yesterday. I still stretched out this morning's route to take it down MLK Drive a bit and circle around through West Philly. This is a bread and butter 8 mile loop for me but when I gmapped it this morning it only came out to be 7.7 miles. So it looks like there has been some shrinkage going on. I'll have to take it out to 49th St. from now on.

Run itself went fine. Total time for the 7.7 miles was 63:33. Timed the marked MLK mile at 7:45. About where I want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home