Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 14, 2007

2 Runs & a PT Appt

Might as well get this done too. I've been spending too much work time mapping out today and yesterday's route and then tracking biorhythm's, thanks to Reba's entry today.

Ran in the evening yesterday as part of a group of nine who got together to send Ian off to New York. It was one of those runs that can hypothetically get blogged in at least four different places (Jim and John Dubs being the other two). We scooted around Fairmount Park in typical Thursday evening fashion, perhaps intentionally since this was the last one Ian would enjoy as a Philly resident. In typical Thursday evening fashion, the testosterone started bubbling towards the end, and the last mile back to the Art Museum devolved into an all out pissing contest. Several of us surged after we went under the Girard Ave. bridge, and after about a half mile I had to pull back a bit as I couldn't hang with John and Ian. I ran that mile in 6 flat, and I dearly would have liked to go a little faster, but couldn't. At least it gives me a gauge of where I'm at fitness-wise without having to plunk down $30 to run a 5k.

Time was 56:04 in about 6.7 miles (distance out and back to the car included). Afterwards we went to Bishop's Collar for drinks. I guess that is one way running is a healthier lifestyle, in that it cut into our drinking time and probably amounted to at least a beer or two less consumed by the end of the evening. If I don't see you again before you go, Ian, don't worry, I'll definitely mooch off of you next time I go to NYC.

This morning was an easy 5+ (in 50:27) in a loop around Tinicum Township and Essington. The dark and the fog made running a bit dicey in places, and got me very concerned about my ankle's rebounding proprioceptive capacities. But everything turned out fine. The fog, as it is wont to do, made things very surreal in places as it diffused the little light that was around and rendered familiar scenes novel in its ability to hide various details. I took the run slowly, as it was still run in the same darkness as last night's effort was. I also just checked my biorhythms, and see my physical cycle is currently in the toilet.

Lastly, I went for my physical therapy appt. this morning. Jim had, innocently, asked me if my ankle was wrapped last night (it wasn't) and this got me concerned about the swelling. Maureen said that the swelling wasn't major and that it would take a long time to go down, and probably was nothing to worry about. My ankle's range of motion is just about normal again, and I mentioned that intuitively I find my ankle's balancing abilities on my run to be improving (although that doesn't keep the paranoia away on runs like this morning's). She said that was a very promising sign. She said I should take yoga, and keep my balancing exercises, and that there really wasn't a need for me to come back. I guess the last item is the most promising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home