Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Into the Dark Foggy Morning

Another 6am run, this time by myself. I ran the hilly 12 mile loop that was a staple of my marathon training last fall. While I didn't want to hammer it, I tried to keep a brisk pace for as long as I could. This translated to about 7:30 mile pace in those areas that were marked, and a 95:25 for the whole course. The workout wasn't so much anaerobic as it was pushing my wornout legs to keep up over the last few miles.

It was dark and foggy when I started, and the run was into the mist. The humidity and the cool (but not cold) temperature were pleasant, and it got light out just about at the farthest point in the run - the Falls River Bridge.

Again, pressed for time this morning so I'll leave a bookmark there. I feel like I'm still adjusting, still getting a feel for how the New Year's routine, both running and writing, will turn out. All I know is sofar (5 days in) I'm logging beaucoup miles, and if that continues everything else will fall into place.

PS - Bruce, in a comment yesterday, asked if that was me on Spruce yesterday morning at about 7:15. By that time and place, it must have been some other good looking runner, although I was going down Pine/up Locust a half-hour later and up Spruce (for about a block) about an hour earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home