Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Enhancing Performance

What a loaded title. In this case it is quite innocuous, as I'll explain in a minute.

I left this morning without eating on a 10.5 mile loop that follows my old Acme loop up to 54th St. and then keeps going north up to Wynnefield Ave, then couple of turns, west on Woodbine across 63rd and now I'm in Scott's neck of the hood. Then its south on 66th to Cobb's Creek and back home on Cedar.

So I leave hungry and as an experiment I grabbed a Goo from the stash I got at Philadelphia Runner last week. If there were a run to see if they gave a kick, this would be a good one. At about three miles (Belmont & Parkside) I downed it and, although I never felt a distinct kick, my pace did speed up as the loop progressed. Early on my legs were sore from yesterday's run, but little by little I found myself kicking it up. This is similar to the experience I had with Goo on a long run in the fall, so maybe there is something to this stuff. Thus one of my little sidebars during training in 06 will be getting more familiar and comfortable with these cake frosting-like concoctions.

Otherwise a quiet run. Weather is mild, more traffic on the roads than usual, and folks seem in a good mood on Christmas Eve. My sister and my mom are coming over today for dinner, presents and then Christmas morning, should be fun. Tomorrow (I'm taking the day off from running) we leave for Texas in the afternoon, and that's where I'll be blogging from next, provided I score an internet connection.

In the meantime, good Christmas tidings to you and your kin!

Oh yeah, and 76:07 for 10.5 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home