Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Airing It Out

Three miles on the hamster wheel yesterday, late in the afternoon. Snuck out of the office while I was running a computer program. The program is taking a little bit longer to run than I thought, as a matter of fact it is still running. I on the other hand, got impatient with the treadmill so I maxed it to 10 for 2 of the three miles and finished the whole thing in 19:27 (the year my dad was born).

Ran with IC around the Drives this morning. Always a pleasure running with him, even when we don't have a blind guy between us. A slushy snow came down yesterday morning (which is why I ran inside) and after melting yesterday afternoon and refreezing overnight, the loop today was a bit treacherous. So was the humor we had, but I won't go into detail. Other than the ice, it was beautiful - sunny and in the high 30s with a sparkly touch all around. 8.5 miles went by in 65:14, woulda been slower if we hadn't torched the last mile.

Tomorrow, against my better judgment but at the behest of the missus and with the promise of junior running as well (and perhaps coming up with another race report), I'm running the Jingle Bell 5k in Manayunk. Its a fast race if for no other reason than you want to get away from all of those charity runners who put bells on their sneakers. As always, you'll hear about it here first.

Tomorrow evening is also our dinner at the Fountain Restaurant that we won at the Parkway Run. This is easily the best prize I ever won running, as we get dinner for 10 (check out the menu) at what is consistently rated the best restaurant in Philadelphia. I'll be gloating over that as well the next time I post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad Brooks said...

Interesting what you had to say about the Jingle Bell. Use to be one of my favorites. I now do the Reindeer Romp organized by Kevin Nolan. See my blog at http://owl-dragon.blogspot.com .

I do worry that the Romp may have gotten too popular.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home