Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Checking In

It's been nine days since I've run, and nine days since I've posted. I haven't ambulated rapidly during that time any farther than chasing T down the sidewalk, although I've walked about an hour a day with C over the Thanksgiving weekend.

I miss both the running and the writing, as its now gotten to where the workout is not over until I've written a little about it. I also feel like what must be mild withdrawal symptoms. For while I enjoy sleeping right past 5:30 am, I feel heavier (I gained five pounds from my pre-marathon weight) and find myself dreaming about training for ever faster times as I wonder how much "fitness" I'm losing by staying idle.

The weather has been too mild not to do at least a little run. Today I don't have to go in until later, as I teach in the evenings, so I ran down to school with T and took the long way home via Franklin Field. T and I were a little late getting out the door this morning and I made the mistake of telling him we need to "fast motor." This had me running alongside his bike going straight from zero to tempo. We made it to school (on time) in a running pr of 5:04. After that I ran a more relaxed pace with BB King and Eric Clapton on the iPod, a long 4 in an easy 34:10. Riding with the King!

This little leg stretcher did me a world of good, as does writing this. I'll probably do it again on Thursday and then over the weekend KF twisted my arm (he didn't have to twist too hard) into running Brian's Run. I love races like that, where my 10k PR (34:34, which I doubt I'll get close to this weekend) likely wouldn't even get me an age group placing and where even running a 32:30 won't get you in the top ten. That feels like a "real" race, and prevents my getting too full of my marathon PR. C will go up as well and with some gentle persuasion I should be able to get both her and T to run the 5k.

But with all that I'm still laying low!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home