Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Back Out on the Road Again. . .

Turn this beast into the wind.

Love that line, from a Steve Earle song. Or if your taste is blues, then here's some Muddy Waters. . .

I'm drinking TNT, I'm smoking dynamite
I hope some screwball start a fight,
Because I'm ready, ready's anybody can be.

Either one sums up the way I feel.

I've gotten great support and good wishes from a bunch of folks around here in all kinds of ways but from this blog, which never draws many comments (perhaps because it doesn't draw many readers), and this also promises to translate into good support on the course. And by way of inspiration (a word I don't use lightly), I heard this morning that MP, a casual acquaintance who runs with Wissahickon Wanderers, won the Harrisburg Marathon last week in 2:40, slicing something like 8 minutes off his PR (read about it here). Just kept running faster than he knew he should. Great job, Matt, and a role model for me!

Me, C and KF will eat Italian in South Philly tonight, and if we have time drop by a pre-marathon party at KJ's. Then its to bed early and waking up tomorrow in familiar surroundings, having a familiar toilet, a fridge with familiar food, and a familiar way to get to a familiar course. The home field advantage.

I'm ready's anybody can be.

Ran with the 9:30 group at the Art Museum this morning. IC was there and we felt like something was missing, so we made KG run between us with his eyes closed. I was yapping so much I lost track of the distance and we finally turned around 2.5 miles into MLK to make it an easy five in 41:47. From there it was a trip to the Expo across the street to pick up my number and I've been eating ever since, including some potato latkes and apple sauce with M at Izzy & Zoe's deli.

Why wait until dinner to carbo load?

Turn this beast into the wind.

I'll say it again:

Turn this beast into the wind.

Next time I post it will be with news from the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home