Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Almost Famous

One last NYC Marathon redux. IC, who guided Jambal with me, works at NPR at got his version of the events onto a spot on NPR's Weekend America. Anyone interested can hear it on their website. The link is here, and you can check out our picture on the top, and then you can click on "Nov. 12" and scroll down a bit and hear the report. There are also more pictures, courtesy of Brightroom, here.

Each day continues to be more beautiful than the next weatherwise. Its just before getting light now at 6 am, letting the sun and the leaves color West Philly's postindustrial landscape as I run through it. I warmed up for 20 minutes or to 34th and Market Streets, did 8 repeats of 30 second striders (sub 5k pace, with 1 minute recovery) on the I'm-now-so-familiar-that-I'm-sick-and-tired-of 34th/Lansdowne Ave marathon stretch, and then headed home on another 20 minute cooldown. The only noteworthy thing (other than the joy of being outdoors this morning) was that I discovered that 41st St, which looks blocked off south of Girard Ave, actually has a disused bridge that easily lets you run over all the train tracks that run behind the zoo, giving me a new way back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home