Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

For the First Time in a Long Time, Running was Fun

Workout for today was just 60-70 minutes easy. No tempo, track, or anything like that.

Beautiful day - sunny and in high 60s, my sunglasses and iPod put me in my own private world.

Got out and just ran. Sweetbriar loop, from USP, 8 miles in 59:40. Having yesterday off put enough spring in my step to let me hammer up the Lansdowne Ave. hill.

Only two days into my taper and already I realize what a slave I had become to the training schedule. Yesterday off was well timed, as along with all the other usual stressing stuff there is now a SEPTA strike which is a major hassle as that is how M gets to school, and it was Halloween which, unlike in many parts of the US, is alive and thriving in West Philly. Today likewise, with a stats class I'm putting together and a trip to the city jail to get some data yet to go this afternoon, putting in a major workout would have been tough.

But now there is that feeling that "the hay is in the barn" and it doesn't matter. Just keep the motor well tuned.

And rest up for Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home