Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Guiding Mongolians

Got a call yesterday from the Achilles Track Club. If you've been reading here you'll remember that I was supposed to guide a visually impaired Polish 3:10 marathoner in the NYC marathon which is a week and a half away, but Mariusz had to drop out because of an injury. So yesterday ATC said they had two Mongolian runners who were predicting themselves to run a 3:00 marathon. Against my better judgment I said, again, that I was in.

My running buddy/archrival IC is signed up to take the other guy, so we'll be double dating.

Got hooked up through Craig's List with an East Village apartment someone is subletting for the entire weekend for $250, so I'm looking forward to the weekend. Also give a shout out to PB, who ran w/ me and E for awhile when he was in the US this summer and will also run NYC. From his emails it sounds like his training has been going well.

E wanted to go out 15 minutes earlier this morning because she had to leave early for jury duty. Turns out we ran farther instead and got back at about the same time we usually do. Did a modified Acme loop, going down through Penn to 34th Street and running up marathon hill to Parkside, where we resumed the regular route. E had meant to turn early, but auto pilot kicked in and we went the usual way. Caught a nice, though not spectacular, sunrise running back down Haverford Ave. Conservatively call it 9.5 in 78:38.

I'm getting very tired of running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home