Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Taking Inventory

Went out for a run to see if there was any collateral damage from the weekend. Mapped out a four mile course that goes west on Woodland, cuts over to the near reaches of Mt. Moriah Cemetary and then goes back east on Kingsessing (see here if you are interested in the course details).

Weather continues to be mild. I put my iPod on shuffle and took off.

Physically everything felt fine, as evidenced by the 29:53 time in which I finished. I won't pronounce myself "recovered" until I see how I feel after airing it out on Thursday, but sofar so good.

What I didn't anticipate is that mentally the recovery may be a bit more difficult. My mind keeps drifting back to the weekend. It was a mountaintop experience and I suspect a let down will follow in a day or two. I don't know if I'll be able to get myself up again for Philadelphia and the thought of running just to cut a few seconds off of an old time.

But, again, maybe I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home