Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s.

Thats the forecast for Sunday. Sounds almost perfect. Dare I hope for decent marathon conditions for the first time in the last seven marathons I've run, and not since Boston in '02?

Was out the door this morning and realized I left my watch on my nightstand dresser. Without missing a beat I thought that today, if any day, was a run where I didn't need to know my time. This made the run feel less urgent, more relaxed. Time became unimportant, as did distance. At this point, I just wanted to go out and run. And not too long, mind you.

E, KJ and I went out to Cobbs Creek via Larchwood Ave. and returned back down Thomas Ave. The Cobbs Creek bike path was beautiful, especially the Butterfly Garden part that veers into a wooded area. The colored leaves, many of which are now on the ground, in the muted light of an early, clouded morning, gave an illusion of running through a rural forest that would have been perfect had it not been for the burnt out automobile carcass on the side of the trail.

We spent a good bit of the run talking about marathon preparations. KJ and E are both first timers. This thing is getting close.

Call it five miles for the log. The time is inconsequential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home