Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Early Morning Grind

The last part of my regular training regimen came back into place - the 6am MWF run. I didn't know how much I enjoyed the respite from these runs until the alarm went off at 5:25 this morning.

It's mainly that 5:25 to 6:05 time period that makes these runs tough. Once I get on the road, warm up, and meet up with Erin and, today, Kevin J (second time in 12 hours), things pick up. Today was tough as well as I had run last night, and was now running a second time in the same darkness.

It was good to catch up with Erin and Kevin, and among other things get some belated and fragmented accounts of how they did in the Philly marathon back in November (the last time I had seen them). Erin is one of three people I can think of who ran a BQ on her first marathon, and she has now taken her customary position, on the fence, about actually running Boston.

We ran out to Cobbs Creek and the darkness lifted just about as we were running through Mt. Moriah cemetery as we cut over to Kingsessing Ave. After we looped back near home I ran down to 39th St. and back up Locust to stretch the run out to 9.5 miles. Total time was 82:10; good recovery pace.

I had all these ideas of areas I want to explore in this blog this year and sofar have not had time to do anything beyond just reporting on the day's run. This morning's run was the start of what promises to be another long day as I will not see home again until about 10 after coming back from Graterford. Just gotta hang in there today; and things will slow down again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad Brooks said...

After two weeks of night time running to see the Christmas lights, I went back to morning runs. On the one hand I like the quiet calm of the morning but that 5:30 wake up is tough. On Fridays I like to do the trails at Tyler/Ridley. The first mile is in the dark - very strange feeling being in the woods at that time.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home