Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Road Goes on Forever

and the party never ends.

Saw Joe Ely last night, and he did that song. Yesterday was Cindy and my New Year's Eve, as we went to the Stockyards, Fort Worth's touristy western district, and had Margaritas, a big steak dinner, and then saw Joe Ely at Billy Bob's (the world's largest honky tonk). The Lubbock legend was on top of his music, with an incredibly tight band (including Lloyd Mains) whose jams resembled a locomotive thundering across the Texas panhandle.

Our night out last night is the first reason I took it easy today. The second reason is the mileage I did last night (and have accumulated all week). The third reason is that I'm racing tomorrow morning, a 5 miler at Dallas' White Rock Lake. Headed out to East Arlington almost to 360, went north to Mitchell, back west on Mitchell to Center St., and then back. Total was about 6.5 miles in 52:57.

That run used to be my bread and butter run when I lived in East Arlington. A shorter version of that used to seem far, now its an easy run.

That closes the book on 2005. With today's run I will have accumulated 2715 miles. Most annual mileage I've ever collected by a long stretch. To put it in perspective, I called up Mapquest and found the distances from Philadelphia to:

Key West Florida: 1360 miles (plus another 150 or so to Havana);
Arlington Texas: 1508 miles (could have saved me some plane fare);
Roswell, NM: 1857 miles (and then I can beam up anywhere into the universe)
Las Vegas, NV: 2495 miles
San Bernardino CA: 2672 miles (and a few miles leftover on the way to LA).

Next year my goal is to make it to the Pacific. I also want to map my daily progress. Its been a great year, and with that on to 06!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home