Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, August 19, 2005

Recurring Relentlessness

Another one of these "less than 12 hours later and here I am in front of the blog again" feelings.

I remember particularly from last winter the feeling of the relentless pace set by training day in and day out, and am feeling that again. This morning it was particularly strong, as I had just plopped into bed after a run last night and the alarm goes off at 5:30 with another run staring me in the face. Fridays its even harder, as it feels like the wear and tear of all the weeks runs has accumulated. But I did get myself together and out the door to meet E at 6.

We ran Cobbs Creek this morning, west on Osage and then back east on Woodland. It was not a route I would have chosen at the start of the run, and it took me at least the first 30 minutes of the run to get comfortable, both mentally and physically, with running. But the morning was again cool and there was a quiet calm along the Cobbs Creek bike path this morning. Conservatively, 9.5 miles in 77:45.

And the training just keeps going. Long run on the weekend, track on Tuesday, Stone Harbor 10k next weekend, and we did make arrangements for the R&R half marathon on Labor Day weekend. When my legs are aching I like to think they are getting stronger, like that old cliche "pain is weakness leaving the body". I think "one day at a time" is a preferable cliche, get up each morning and eke out one more run to keep that relentlessness at bay for just awhile longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger DeelyBH said...

I know how you feel. Friday mornings are the worst - especially when there's no-one else that you have to meet. :)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home