Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm Back

Not from the dead, but from a long break. Haven't run since my last blog entry.

This has been the longest non-injury, non marathon recovery layoff that I can remember. The main culprit has been the need to put together a course I'm teaching at Penn this month. This is a semesters worth of classes scrunched into 6 weeks. As I was on vacation last week, I was behind in putting things together and, as this is moonlighting, I'm doing this on top of everything else I got.

Even after the layoff, things go back to the usual pretty quick. Went out with E. this morning on the usual Acme loop. My stopwatch never started, probably better that way as the pace was, shall we say leisurely. I wanted to do 10 but my calves were sore enough towards the end of the run where I left it at 8. Its also godawful hot and humid again.

I'm hoping that I've settled down with my work obligations to where I can get into a regular running rhythm again. The Rock n Roll half marathon, which I signed up to run on Labor Day weekend, is now appearing on the horizon, and I have to get back into training mode. But first I gotta get back into running mode.

And that comes one run at a time.

Off to NY tomorrow to get T and to escape Live8 this weekend. Should get good workouts while there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home