Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Ten Degrees Warmer

Ten degrees warmer this morning, the difference between skating the course and running, between tights and shorts. Never even considered incorporating any speed into this run, as it is too close to Cesar Rodney this Sunday. I did, however, want to drop it down a bit lower than I did, but didn't have what it takes to push it physically. That's ok. Best I could tell I was doing miles in the 7:30/7:45 range. Strawberry Mansion Bridge loop (w/ an extra 1/2 mile out & back on MLK), 12 in 95:14.

What struck me about this morning's run was how singularly uneventful it was. If I weren't writing this blog (and maybe despite writing it) I would have marked 12 miles in my training log and turned back to it a few weeks later and the details of the run would have vanished into the depths of the memory hole. Then the counter question is whether or not it is really necessary to preserve the memory of this run? And then finally a third voice says that when all is said and done, when (as folks say) the arthritis has crippled my knees, these thoughtless runs full of nothing will be the ones I miss the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home