Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hill on Ice

For those of you out there in search of something more challenging than the regular hill workout, may I suggest running up hills on an icy surface. If that appeals to you, hurry out to the Lansdowne Drive hill before it all melts.

Running uphill on ice. Makes a great metaphor. Unfortunately it makes for a lousy run. I woke up to my daughters alarm clock, set for 6:00, and I knew E was likely waiting for me at that very moment but there wasn't a thing I could do. E, I'm sorry if you waited in this cold. I got out of the house at 6:30 and shouldn't have bothered. Icy patches from yesterdays rain/snow and this mornings temps in the teens made it impossible to focus on anything other than planning your next step and avoiding traffic. Sweetbriar Loop, 8 in 67:16.

Two people close to me told me they've been running lately. One of them is my Mom, whose regular runs around Rockland Lake got me started with running back when I was a kid. She's been running around the neighborhood again and I was very happy to hear that. I know, however, that she had the sense to stay inside this morning. The other is a longtime friend, J, out in Arizona who recently ran a 5k, the first 5k he's run, he says, since the two of us ran one in San Antonio (through King William and Hemisfair Park if I remember) some 15 or so years ago. Made my day reading the race report he sent me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home