Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, March 05, 2005

20 Miler #2

Starting at the Art Museum up Kelly Drive to the Wissahickon Trail to Forbidden Dr. past Valley Green to just before the covered bridge and then back. 2:32:32 for 20.5 miles, with the last 4 at marathon pace in 24:07.

Was supposed to run with IC but he bagged, but I went to our meeting spot and hooked up with three other 8:15 regulars. SG & RD went about four with me before peeling off, and SK ran 15 with me before I started shifting to MP. I was happy to have company, and me and SK chatted most of the way up and then ran back in a comfortable silence until we split. There was beautiful winter scenery along the Wissahickon and up Forbidden Drive, where everything was still blanketed with snow and it was hard to imagine still being in the city. The footing was a bit slick on FD as much of it was packed down snow, but it was manageable.

Back to the Art Museum the timing of my run worked so that I finished a little bit after the 9:30 folks got done. Thus I got to catch up with some folks whom I hadn't seen much of this year. Philly Runners got over 20 folks signed up to run Cesar Rodney next weekend. That really impresses me, and should make going down to Wilmington alot of fun. Sofar five of us are running Boston: me, IC, SK, KF and MW, who I just met today. I'm sure there will be more from Bryn Mawr as well.

Finally, out of curiousity I looked at some old 20 mile times, esp. for the one time that I ran this out and back in 2002. To my surprise I actually ran them a little faster in previous years, even w/ the MP miles I did today. I'm a bit surprised and a bit bothered by it, I thought that I'd just naturally be running them at a faster pace. Should I be worried about it? I don't know. It's questions like those that coaching can help with. Speaking of that, I signed up with Greg McMillan for coaching for a quarter. I'll write more about that as it develops.

Anyway, my training remains in good shape. I'm not going to run the NERR 10k tomorrow, as there is no point in doing so. If I run home from church as I plan to, I'll have 80+ miles for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home