Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, February 28, 2005

Another Stormy Monday

Just got into work and snow is again hanging in the air.

Did get a run in this morning, 8 on the Art Museum loop extended to 54th St. E & J both made it out as well. Pace felt respectable, we all seemed to subconsciously take turns keeping things reasonably fast. We did get overtaken, however, by a guy who appeared a bit more competitive. As he was ahead of us, he looked a few times, which prompted J to threaten (out of earshot) to overtake him and have him "get passed by a girl." Also, in response to Penn digging up something on Hill Field, E & myself, who have been on Penn's campus in one fashion or another for way too long, reminisced on various changes to Penn's landscape over the past decade and the self-immolation of Kathy Chang in 96. E commented about Penn's need to build over any land upon which an informal use had flourished. Very true. Run time was 66.11.

Also ran yesterday, although I never got around to posting. Long and slow 15 up to Falls Bridge, back through Fairmount Park, and then, to follow up on the Mill Creek lecture I wrote about a few days ago, I went west a bit on Westminster and through blocks I hadn't been on. Much of this took me through delapidated low areas, but there was also one block of beautiful, slightly beaten up 3-story rowhouses that would seem ripe for gentrification if they weren't just a bit too far into the hood. There were also a number of lots with wood fencing around them that I now know is the signature of Philadelphia Green. Time was around 1:50.

And finally, that closes the book on February. Looking back, it was a very successful month. In my Feb 1 post I said my reach goal was 260 miles and my final mileage tally is 284. It was also the first month ever in which I ran every single day. But mostly, I'm glad the months are behind me as Jan and Feb are always the toughest running months of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home