Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, February 20, 2005

20 Miler #1

Did 20 miles yesterday. Ran the same route as I ran last Saturday and, near the end, ran down Pine St. all the way out to Cobbs Creek and then back home on Cedar Ave. It was long but really not bad. Like last Saturday, I did the 4 miles on Kelly at marathon pace (24:06) and then ran 3 miles on MLK in just over MP (18:20). I ran into SK during the latter leg, going the other way, and he turned and ran with me for about 30 seconds. This only slowed me down about 6 secs and I made it back into the range in mile 2 but then I slowed on mile 3 and shut it down, figuring it was still a long way home. Like last week, the rest of the miles went at about an 7:45/8-minute pace. Next time I do a long run I need to shift any MP miles I do to the back of the run.

This gives me exactly 80 miles for the week. Only the second time in my life that I've gotten into the 80's. Its snowing now, so I don't know how tomorrow is going to go. I should bring it down a bit this week.

Had James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" in my head for the first part of the run:

"Now the first of December was covered with snow
And so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston
Lord, the Berkshires seemed dream-like on account of that frosting
With ten miles behind me and ten thousand more to go"

I'm getting ready for you, Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home