Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Banana Pudding Powered

A container of banana pudding (from Baltimore Crab & Seafood, the best BP makers in the world) was sitting on the kitchen counter this morning. I figured this was a gift from a benevolent god leaving me a quick energy source. I don't know how much extra energy I got, but it sure tastes good.

Strawberry Mansion Bridge loop this morning. 11 in 84:48. Maybe that BP did give me a little kick. Nothing too fast, but I averaged about a 7:20 pace on the 3 miles that are marked on MLK. Weather was the same as yesterday, I wore a cap this morning and it made all the difference. Since I had to be at an all day training at 9 (more on that in a minute), I had to leave by 6:30 am, only a half hour later than I leave on weekdays. Some Saturday. However, that half hour makes a difference between leaving in the dark and running into the dawn's early light.

Spent the day at a training for persons volunteering with a program called Students Run Philly Style, that is just starting up and that looks to work with "disadvantaged" kids towards having them run or walk a marathon. I figure, if I'm going to do some good, this would be the type of program to do it in. Phillyrunners RW and TK were also there. The training was well organized in that the presenters all did a good job, and I hope it works out although logistics might be difficult as most of the training happens on weekday afternoons and I have the misfortune of being employed full time. But they say they want support for the weekends and the like, so I'm going forward with it and seeing if there is any room for me. Stay tuned and I'll write more on what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home