Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Great Sunday Run

Took off today around noon intending to do a Sweetbriar loop to push me over 70. It was one of those days when I just cruised effortlessly. Its a feeling a wish I could just bottle and save up for a day that mattered. . . a shame in a way that it had to occur on a recovery run. Nonetheless, although it was cold and windy the bright sun made conditions pleasant and I was capping off a good week, feeling relaxed while cranking out effortless 7 minute miles the day after a workout that kicked my ass. This filled my head with pleasant dreams about what I could do at Cesar Rodney and Boston.

Felt so good that I ran all the way out to 56th St., tacking on an extra mile and a half to give me 9.5 in 69:21, which is about four minutes faster than Friday's run, which was the same route but only out to 54th St. In the words of Bruce, "tearin' up that highway like a big ol' dinosaur." This gives me 74 miles for the week. Most excellent!

Interesting to speculate why I felt so strong today after yesterdays long hard workout. Possible candidates include sleeping and eating a helluva lot yesterday, the gallon of Gatorade I drank yesterday, the later start today, positive biorhythms, or the 7 Entenmann's chocolate chip cookies I ate just before starting the run.

So I'll enjoy feeling good today. Tomorrow it all starts over again with a brand new week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home