Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Deja Vu

Got in two workouts today, as my schedule would not have let me get in a 12-miler during the course of the day.

First run was before work this morning. Got out of the house late, part by design and part through dawdling, and inadvertantly got the timing right to where I was running east toward the Center City skyline with a beautiful sunrise as a backdrop. I also made a point to put on gloves and a hat. I got that right as well, as my run was downright comfortable without sweating profusely. In fact it was so comfortable that I got uncomfortable with how comfortable I was. Sounds weird, but I'm like that. Again, the pace felt fast and easy, to the point where I'm wondering (i.e., hoping) that 7 minutes or so may be becoming my regular training pace. Ran the(8ish mile) Sweetbriar loop in just under 60 (59:55).

I got in another 42 minutes, easy (call it 5), over my lunch hour. About half of the course was the same as I ran this morning. I ran it with J., probably the best runner on USP's XC team (this makes two new running partners in 2 days, a new PR). The workout was also remarkable in that I got it all in in 60 minutes, and I made it on time for a 1:00 meeting.

That makes 13 miles for the day. Now if the rest of my life would go as well as my running has been going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home