Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Early 12, Long Day Coming

I was driving home last night down Belmont from City Line Ave and remarked to my daughter that tomorrow morning I'd be running down this same way again. While it was still dark, I added to myself. That was depressing.

Sure enough, I got up a bit earlier and out the door to run my Tuesday 12 before work. I've got a meeting until 12 and another starting at 1, so it was run early or not at all. I did get up, it was indeed dark, and the run went fine. Ran 3 1/2 on W River Dr in 20:57, right at marathon pace, and then the last 4 miles after that, no matter how hard I tried, never really got beyond recovery pace. I'll take it. I'll also take the weather, about mid 30s with a decent sunrise.

Now comes the hard part. I've been up since 5:15 and I've got a 3 hour meeting this morning, another 2 hour meeting this afternoon, and I teach a 3 hour class this evening. Feels like a marathon of a different sort. If I stay awake through all that it will be a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home