Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, February 07, 2005

Another Monday 8

8-mile Sweetbriar loop this morning, reflecting a course change in mid-run so as to be able to hit a portapotty on West River Dr. This call of nature was an aftereffect of last nights Super Bowl activities, and the sad thing is I only had three beers. I ain't as young as I used to be. Another after effect from last night was that I hit the scales at 187 this morning. Thats about the weight I started with when I started this blog on the new year.

Sitting in a porta potty in the cold and dark reminds me of camping. This was followed, however, by a glorious sunrise upon the river, so in that sense the course change was fortuitous. This loop was run in 73:46, reflecting in part a mellow pace and also some course variations so that E., who was running with me, could get home quicker. Still call it 8.

It's reassuring how normal things are this morning after the frenzy Philadelphia was in with the Super Bowl last night. We were wondering if there would be many folks who would keep partying through Mardi Gras. Better, in some ways, than reading the headlines and starting a long off season. I'm not too bummed, and reassured that Phillies' opening day, which I care more about, is but two months away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home