Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Comfort Clothes

The term "comfort food" seems to be firmly entrenched in the American vernacular these days, and I'm sure I'm not the first to extend that concept to clothing. I do, however, credit that idea with getting me out of the door this morning. I woke up this morning knowing it was cold and listening to the house rattle from the wind. This led to a mighty battle with myself over whether to do my morning 4-miler, and a truce was signed with the concession that I could overdress. I'm usually careful not to overdress, but this morning the tights, hooded sweatshirt, gloves and a hat became my armor, impenetrable to the cold. Of course it wasn't as cold as I thought and I could have done with lighter attire, but this time it didn't matter - it got me out the door. Ran to Franklin Field and looped around to 49th St, 4 miles in a quick 32:26. My legs felt great. The knot I had in my calf is 99% gone. I was literally hobbling yesterday during lunch and by the time work was over I could hardly feel it. I will credit water, orange juice and bananas for that.

Noontime run was the usual Sweetbriar loop with JH. JH is hanging better with me and I'm "rewarding" that by picking up the pace, esp. at the end. The cold was managable (I was back to shorts) but the wind was fierce. Nonetheless we cut over two minutes off of last week's time as we finished in 62:33.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home