Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Driven Indoors

I'll do a double (blogging) today and get caught up. I'll also post while the adrenaline is still flowing. As I wrote, the snow made running outdoors a bit too slick for my taste this morning, so I stopped by the athletic center for a treadmill run before going to the office.

As my time was limited, I could only do six this morning. But the monkey was still gonna be hungry. So I compromised by keeping the run at six but jacking up the speed to whatever I wanted. By five miles I had the hamster wheel maxed out at a six-minute pace and I started screwing with the incline, getting it up to 3% before I spent the last quarter mile gulping air, going anaerobic and counting down the hundredths of a mile. It felt like a race in that I really pushed. I finished the six miles in 40:40.

So that gives me some indication of the shape I'm currently in. I've also dropped down to about 180 now, which means I'm slowly but surely losing those December pounds. And sofar I'm getting my workouts in despite the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home